You know how people will always be like ‘tell me about yourself’. That throws me off balance every time, simply because I don’t think about myself enough to have a speech at hand and what the hell is this anyway? I didn’t come prepared for an interview!, but in the spirit of self discovery and development , here are some facts about me. Interesting or not, you decide.
Facts About Me.
1. I am not a writer.
I think that should be obvious but I noticed that a lot of book bloggers are writers, which is why I feel the need to mention this.
2. I have never had a pet and it’s really for the best.
3. I chose Pilates for exercise because I hate jumping all over the place.
4. I am short-sighted, along with 70% of my family.
5. I am the queen of introverts and I am not ashamed. Extroverts are just too weird…
6. I am more comfortable in the dark or dimly lit spaces. I will never understand people who sleep with the lights on.
7. I am always suspicious of overly cheerful people, they are almost always evil at their core.
8. I can be very sensitive; it doesn’t take much to hurt my feelings but I would rather crack your skull open than cry myself.
9.It seems I have not gained any weight since I left secondary school. My old uniform still fits.
10. I am a night owl and I can function on very little sleep if I have to.
11. I still like to drink coffee even though it makes me feel crazy every time.
12. Sometimes I use TV series as a means to escape my reality. Just for a bit.
13. I find the culture of silence of my people very frustrating at times. There’s so much I want to say, all of which are unpalatable to my elders.
14. I can’t remember a lot of events from my childhood; I don’t know what it i, It’s like I locked everything away in a vault and I can’t remember the combination.
15. I hate when random people start to hand me their kids on the bus. Please don’t; I didn’t get on this bus to serve as a babysitter to some kid that I would rather smack over the head and stuff under my seat, okay!.
16. I can spend hours organizing things to look exactly the way I want and nothing is too small really, from my room to my computer files and my Facebook page.
17. I hate when people add me to silly Facebook groups, and they are all the same: ‘Looking for love in Nigeria’, ‘Love don’t cost a thing in Yoruba land’. Does it look like I am starved for love in my life or what is it exactly gan?
18. I don’t like the taste of alcohol.
19. I have a massive sweet tooth, don’t open a bag of anything sweet around me and expect me to act rationally. This fact makes my life a bit of a paradox seeing as I studied Nutrition and Dietetics; It’s freaking hilarious actually.
Finally, I have actually enjoyed making this list. Which is a surprise, since I usually don’t like talking about myself. I guess people are on to something.
My favourite colour is Purple.
Obsessed with books.